Tool 1: Blog Set-up & Registration

Up and ready to go. I left my old avatar I used last summer, but added the Voki avatar on top. I love how you can add voice to the avatar, but Voki needs to expand your choices of avatars. Maybe I didn't spend enough time surfing the site.

I use blogs as a cool way to journal and share my thoughts. Lately, my daughter has used hers to chronicle events and school years. There are many ways blogs can be incorpoarted into the classroom. Blogs can be used by a single class or used individually. It can chronicle the school year, serve as a way of pen palling with other students, be a student journal, or a place to grow their personal writing skills. These ideas can be combined too.

Just remember, blogs must be shared in order to serve their purpose, so be careful what you write and post.

4 comments:

  1. Some great advice about sharing through a blog. I agree that journaling in a blog is a good way for kids to make a record of their year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, felt really limited in Voki choices! Mine is rather awful, but liberating to be a nonperson.
    ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ideas about using blogging in the classroom and you're so right about the sharing aspect. I think it makes all of feel valued to know our words have been read by someone else. And you're right, it is a really important lesson for our students to learn that we do have to be careful what we write for public consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can invision using blogging in the classroom for journaling or for the students to even blog about their thoughts on the books they are reading

    ReplyDelete