Tools #5 Tagging and Social Bookmarking

My experience with delicious was last summer and I wasn't impressed with my first visit. The site was not organized in a way that fits my personality. I viewed it as people randomly placing labels on topics with no clear focus. But, once I truly clued in on how tags/social bookmarking worked, I began to think of the ways this site could benefit me. I now use it to find articles and web pages on my favorite topics and subjects. I booked marked http://www.autismclassroom.com/.

Diigo is also a awesome place to find resources and sites/blogs with common interest. I like that you can group them. This would be a great place to build a group of approved websites for your class to research or visit for a specific purpose. I joined the Autism Teachers group at http://groups.diigo.com/group/autism-teachers.

The tags I used to search for my chosen websites/blogs were teaching autistic students, autism, strategies for teaching autistic students. But, just as mentioned in previous post, students need to be careful about the content read because not all sites/blogs have verified facts and references.

1 comment:

  1. i too found the randomness of delicious bothering me, but now that I have gotten used to using the tags, it is much easier for me... I hope to spend some time creating some lists this summer that can be used by others. we will see!

    ReplyDelete