Tools #6 Wikis

Yet another great collaboration tool for the classroom and teachers. The possibilities are endless when using Wikis. You can start a classroom writing project and allow student to contribute individually, as a group or as a whole class lesson. The best part is the flexibility to add, change, and share using one document instead of several.
Classes can create websites or build their own web quest by seeking and sharing ideas and suggestions. Teachers can interactively create test and lesson plans. Students can do peer editing without being in the same classroom. Again, the possibilities are endless. This is a great tool for collaboration of ideas among a group of people. The final products will be better because of the shared ideas and responsibilities.


2 comments:

  1. Have you had an opportunity to work in a wiki?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never participated in a wiki...afraid my ideas or contibution will be rejected. I was once tempted to try Wikepedia, but decided who I am to change anothers thougths and words. I suppose I missed the point of wikis.

    ReplyDelete