Things #14

OK. Scratch my previous blog (Things #13). Technorati just dashed away those thoughts. Who thinks of these things. Thank goodness for them.

If I looked in the correct spots, I came up with 245 hits came up for "school library learning 2.0." 28 blogs exist for the keyword search "school library learning 2.0." Most were post from various week comments on 23 Things. The results were different depending where you searched. Of course, there was some repetion in all the searches due to the common topic. Maybe a couple of the same videos, pictures, and blogs showed up in all three spots. I can only assume that the closer to the topic the more likely it is to show up in all searches.

Did I see anything interesting in my exploration for popular blogs, searches, and tags? Let's just say that three out of five of the top 100 blogs by fans also showed up in the top five of the top 100 blogs by authority.

The tags were not exactly topic geared. It seemed more general and broad. They were more like categories. They could take you anywhere.

I like the idea of tagging now that I understand the significance it can have. It makes it easier to share information. And if you want to direct someone to a specific topic, idea, or word search, tagging makes it all that much easier. Even if they don't want to read your whole blog.

Well, I have claimed my blog. Now I must truly write relevant and interesting post. What have I gotten myself into now. This was suppose to be simple summer course for professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment