Things #18

The obvious advantage of this online tool is everyone has access to your documents and features used. Not being able to open a document due to outdated software is not an issue here. Also, all the programs avaliable in Microsift Office is avalibale here as well, like spreadsheets, ect. Oh, and best advantage is it's FREE.

But, in Microsoft Office, if a document was created under one operating system it may not work under another. Microsoft office isn't always compatible to other platforms.

I can't think of any solid disadvanatges of using the application online. I suppose one could be that you take up valuable space on your hard drive installing a new program in which you already may have available on your drive. I'll keep pondering disadvantages as I continue using my Microsoft Office. Maybe one day I'll have that ah ha! moment and realize what I've been missing.

By the way...It took a little ober 10 minutes to download.

2 comments:

  1. which one are you writing about ..open Office or Google Docs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open office. I assummed Google docs would serve the same purpose.

    ReplyDelete