Things #13

Tags....hmm. My first impression of delicious was not a good one. It seemed a chaotice way to organize information, people randomly placing labels on various topics. But, once I truly processed how tags/social bookmarking could help me, I discovered I could use this in multiple useful ways. I have used it to find like articles/webpages on my favorite topics/subjects.

Digg I am familiar with. I did not set up an account to Digg, but this site was easy to understand just by looking at it.

Diigo (Furl) is also a place I like because I could bookmark articles, sites, blogs, etc. on specific topics of interest with their easy drop down menus. Ma.gnolia is turining into a invite only site. so comments on that until I'm invited.

I can see how a student could use this tool to research a given topic. Of course, one would need to be careful about the content found as far as facts and referencing. I do beleive this tool can be used for more than just bookmarking. Many sites had extra features that can be tagged for a specific audience. An educator could use that tag to direct students to given list of article or books.

No comments:

Post a Comment