Things #12

The two points that I took heed to were the content of a comment and the branding of oneself. I think they are both important in creating dialouge worthy of posting in the first place.

Everyone wants people to read their post/ideas. A comment is the best way to know that happened. And the context and content of that response to what you wrote is even more validating. I personally like when someone has questions or expands on my thoughts in a responding post.

Branding is an excellent idea if you really want followers to return often to read new post you have written. It like marketing. You want people to know what they're getting everytime they return to your blog. Your topic focus is one thing that will get followers, but branding yourself through identification lets them follow you anywhere.

Now, I'm off to comment with the most subtantial content. And, once I find blogs that serve my personal interest, I will return to this post and update my findings.


Update: I have posted comments to five blogs after sifting through twice as many to find ones that sparked a response. But, when I did respond it was because something was posted that was relevant to me.

In searching for blogs outside this activity, I choose educational/research blogs. I have an interest in autism and choose two blogs to join in reference to autism. I can't wait to comment on those sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment